Saturday, May 3, 2008

Life in the Fast Lane

Early in April I drove to Virginia to visit Missy, Marc, Erich and Jager. I stayed a week, getting down and dirty. (See Missy's blog) I left Thursday and drove to Chicago to spend the night with DaddyO, got up and drove home so that I could get ready to fly out to California with Avery two days later on Sunday morning. Our trip to CA was to help Jim and Jean Vaughn, Nathan's grand in-laws, pack up fifty-five years of belongings, (50 years at the same residence) and help drive Jim, Jean and Ronnie to Wisconsin. Avery was in charge of the Ford 150 pickup truck and Jim and I shared the 24 foot motorhome. Except for the incredible wind throughout most of the trip, we were spared the volitile weather that so many parts of the country were experiencing. We chose the route through Alburqueque (I-40) and came up I-35 though Kansas City. (We stayed with Kathy and Bekah in Olathe). We missed the tornados in Fort Wayne/Dallas, the snow in Colorado and Nebraska and the severe storms/tornados in Missouri. I felt as though we were guided to make the decisions that we did. We had packed for a week, and after the movers loaded up the boxes and furniture we left CA on tuesday evening at 9pm. The trip was loooooong and we all arrived in Wisconsin in good spirits on Saturday evening around 10:30pm. It felt soooooo good to be home. But that was short lived as I am now in Orlando with DaddyO for the next 7 days. High 80's and low 90's for the next week. Gotta love it. My return home will be short lived as well, as I will be leaving for Kansas with my sister Val and Mom to attend Bekah's graduation less than a week later. If only I could stay home and get something done! I guess that is what life is like in the fast lane.

5 comments:

Marc said...

I thought you were supposed to be retired...

OmaMary said...

What is that anyway?

melbo said...

But you spanned the entire continental US in a months time! Not too shabby.
I'm glad you all survived your drive and missed all the natural disasters. Even so, it still sounds absolutely miserable.

OmaMary said...

Can you believe it, I as in Virginia then home, then CA, then home, now Florida, and tomorrow, home. We need to come to Florida as a big family sometime, it is really a fantastic place. Now with two timeshares, yes we bought a timeshare with Marriott, we can make things happen. EEEEHHHAAAAA

melbo said...

(oops, wrote this on the wrong post!) Wow, a timeshare?! So my employee discount isn't good enough for ya? Does that mean I get to quit my job now? :P